The Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Committee of the Department of Computational Medicine is responsible for the design and implementation of the department’s plan, which sets goals and tactics related to:
- People: To increase and maintain diversity of our faculty, trainees and staff, as well as participants and speakers of department-sponsored programs.
- Climate: To build a community of students, faculty and researchers that is inclusive and supportive, and that creates a sense of belonging and pride.
- Structural elements: To decrease disparities resulting from current policies, procedures, and practices of the department.
- Professional Development: To adequately address the training needs of department members and ensure that educational and professional development resources are available to all.
- Community Engagement: To identify points of collaboration across DGSOM, coordinate our efforts and meaningfully engage in community outreach at the local and national levels